Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tuesday Ten: What I did last weekend

WE'RE
very very busy
and we've got a lot to do
and we haven't got a minute
to explain it all to you
for on SundayMondayTuesday
there are people we must see
and on WednesdayThursdayFriday
we're as busy as can beeeee......
-BusyBusyBusy by Sandra Boynton from the Phildelphia Chickens CD


What did I do last weekend? Well, I didn't make a blog entry, I know that. With Christmas coming up, things are getting a little hectic around here.

1. Saturday morning I worked at a gymnastics meet. The optionals (levels 7-10) were having their first meet of the season so I had to help out. My 11 year old daughter is a level 6 so she did not compete. It was fun anyway.

2. Aforementioned 11 year old daughter's best friend came to spend the afternoon. She lives in Corvallis so they don't get to see each other very often since the friend isn't in gymnastics anymore. The friend brought her brother along so the boys had someone to play with as well.

3. Forgot to go to Cousin Zipper's birthday party. I was supposed to take 2 of the boy's to watch Cars and have cake with their cousin. I forgot. Once I figured it out I felt awful. I prefer forgotten things to just stay forgotten so I can skip the guilt, thankyouverymuch.

4. Watched my husband frame in a wall. Still working on those pesky stairs. The end may be in sight, I am not sure. It may be a trick.

5. Saturday evening I made dinner for 14 people. Not a big deal, since I am usually cooking for 10. The previously mentioned best friend's parents stayed for dinner when picking up their kids. We had spaghetti, green beans, and biscuits.


6. Worked on my cross stitch project for 2 1/2 hours. It is really aggravating just how s-l-o-w-l-y cross stitching goes. Two and a half hours and all there is to show for it is two tiny buffalo, a teepee, and some indians. While stitching, I was watching a movie that I have already seen, which may have something to do with my going so slow. Or not, since I spent most of the movie looking down. Mostly I was keeping my husband company while he watched the movie.

7. Went to church. Oh, and get this. My husband got up when I did and helped get the kids ready to go instead of staying in bed until 15 minutes before we need to leave. We actually got to church on time for the first time in months. Note to self: Throw fits more often.

8. We went to get our Christmas tree. Although we prefer to go to the mountains to drive around for hours looking for the perfect tree, then chop down said wild, untamed tree in the freezing cold and snowy forest; second best choice is going to a local tree farm that has Noble Firs and chopping down the well-behaved, cultured tree from the extremely muddy field. Choices abound, all the trees are so pretty. The trick is to get one that isn't too bushy. Bushy is bad when you are looking for a Noble Fir. I think we were at the tree farm all of 15 minutes, half of which was spent trying to shove the 8 foot tree into our already packed to the brim (with people) Suburban.

Side note: Why don't people check their spelling when making a sign to sell something? Why? It doesn't take all that long. I can understand typos, I have done my share. But if someone wants to SELL something shouldn't they at least spell the name correctly? I have seen signs around here selling "Nobel" Firs. Twice the price, by the way, but that is neither here nor there. If, if I were going to buy a tree from a tree lot, I would probably choose a place that can spell.

9. Found out that the pigs have about another month before being ready to butcher. Seems they are about 200-220 pounds right now and we have to be on the lookout for the tails to pop. What? Sounds messy to me. Apparently, the tail will start getting really fat right at the base and that is the time to butcher. Gross. Now every time I look in their pen I am staring at their behinds. Gross.

10. Went Christmas shopping. Finally. Nothing like leaving everything for the last minute.

Cathy's Tuesday Ten

No comments: