Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Roads I Have Traveled

I don't get out much, so small things amuse me. This year, I am going to be traveling more than usual since middle daughter has quite a few out of state gymnastics meets. So I thought: what fun it would be to show some of the more interesting (or uninteresting) roads we travel. I don't know, maybe I am just a silly.

Here is what the top of the Willamette Pass looked like at about 7am Saturday morning:



And further on toward Chiloquin at around 8am:



I wish I could have taken a picture of the foggy road where I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting 5 deer that were crossing. Or the turkeys that were running down the road earlier that day. But my husband was sleeping and it really wasn't possible to drive and take pictures.

As for the meet, my daughter did very well and placed in every event. She did her giants on the bars for the first time in a meet and she didn't fall off the beam, getting first place in that event.



This picture was taken during bar warmups. The guy standing below is my daughter's wonderful coach, Yuri. She really likes him and works very hard for him.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Yay!! Great picture. :-)

We looked for you at the gym. Can't wait to hear all about the meet.

Cathy