Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Week 10

I realize that I skipped a week, but I also sort of skipped a week when it comes to workouts as well. Too many other things going on, including rotten weather. So, I repeated week 9 last week, and now I am on to week 10.

Monday: Off
Tuesday: Supposed to swim, but the pool was closed so I did last Sunday's 35 min run.
Wednesday: Supposed to ride bike for 1 hour, but come on, it's raining and windy. No thanks.
Thursday: 30 min run
Friday: 40 min swim
Saturday: Brick--1 hour bike, 20 min run
Sunday: 40 min run

For my swim workouts, although I swim for 30-40 min, the workouts I use usually give short distances and lots of drills. I have been wondering how I would hold up in a distance longer than 100m. Last Friday, one part of my swim workout called for 2x400m with a one minute rest in between. I did both 400s in under 10 minutes (can't see the time clock very well without my glasses; I need to get a watch with a timer, BAD), which makes the time per 100m about 2:30. That isn't too far off my personal best 100m time of 2:15, and not too bad, considering I was taking it easy as I was afraid of tiring out quickly. I was very proud of myself for being able to keep up a steady pace for that amount of time! It is still pretty slow, but good for me.

No comments: