Monday, November 20, 2006

Tuesday Ten #1

Cathy and I are going to try doing a weekly Tuesday Ten. This week's topic: Things For Which I am Thankful. You can read hers here. Here I go...

"I'd like to thank God, my mother, and my father; without all of whom I would not be here on this earth...My husband--you're my rock, honey...My 8 kids, without them I just couldn't go on living...My sister, who always listens to my troubles...My other sister, who laughs at my jokes...My friends--you know who you are--you rock! Thank you, thank you!"

Ahem. Now that I got that out of my system...

Ten Things For Which I Am Really Thankful


1. Toilet Paper. The dude that came up with TP totally rocks.

2. Convenience Foods. Hey, I like to feed my family healthy, just like anyone else, but there are times when a corn dog is the only way to go.

3. Gravity. This needs no explanation. Can you imagine a life where you are always having to bolt things down? "Where's the dog, honey?" "I dunno, maybe he floated away." Sheesh. No thanks.

4. Pencils. Pencil marks are much easier to clean off of the walls than pen marks. Love them.

5. Plastic Diapers. I don't use them often (for the baby, wiseacre), but I love the fact that I can if I want to.

6. Sippy Cups. I would be cleaning juice off of the ceiling on a daily basis without this wonderful invention.

7. Clothes. Glad I have 'em--and so is everyone else, I am sure.

8. Showers. Baths are great for kids, but I have no desire to sit in dirty water. Plus I always make the water too hot, then I get sweaty and need a shower afterward anyway.

9. Pillows. So comfy, so cozy. Love my pillows.

10. My family. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I guess I have to include my family. "Family" means everyone mentioned above, including their husbands, wives, boyfriends(where appropriate), and offspring. I love you all.

No comments: