Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tuesday Ten: What I Want for Christmas

I have to come up with TEN things I want for Christmas. Ten. I never think about my Christmas list because I am so busy trying to figure out what to get everyone else so this may be tough.

1.Chapstick. I am always losing my chapstick. Put some in my pocket--gone. Put some in the car--gone. Where does it all go?

2. Rice Cooker. I have one but it only cooks about 5 cups of rice at a time. Meaning I can dump in 2 1/2 cups and out comes 5 or so. I need one that cooks 10 cups of rice, like this one.

3. A Black Hole. Wouldn't it be nice to have somewhere to throw all that unwanted stuff? Instead of putting things in my "Garage sale that I am never going to have" pile or my "Someday I will make it to Goodwill" pile, or even my "Gee, I really should join Freecycle" pile--I could just toss it in the Black Hole, never to be seen or thought of again.

4. Haircut. I know this isn't really a good item for the list, but it is MY list and I want a haircut. So there.

5. Purse. I need a new purse. Maybe something more like a handbag. Small enough to not be mistaken for a diaper bag, yet big enough for my wallet, phone, chapstick (hopefully I will get some for Christmas), tissues...maybe I do need a purse. A smallish one.

6. Tortilla Press. Handmade tortillas are faboo, really, but believe me when I say I will never make them again without a TORTILLA PRESS!

7. Time. I would like 5-10 hours a week to work on projects uninterrupted. One day a week with no one around to ask for things. I have good kids that aren't super demanding, but they need things. And they bicker.

8. Watch. Speaking of time, I would like to be able to keep track of it. I haven't had a watch for a couple of years and I miss it.

9. Books. I like to read. I like books. I like owning books. I like choosing books to read. I would also like some bookshelves for the books.

10. Whirled Peas. Please, stop the violins.

Hey that's ten! I wasn't done! What about the sewing/craft room? The duct tape? The new car? The extra large roasting pan for my extra large turkeys? Actually that particular roasting pan (in the link) is over $400 and won't fit in my oven. This one will work better. Thank you, Santa.

Cathy's Tuesday Ten

No comments: