Saturday, July 14, 2007

My New Friend


Meet Chuck. Don't be shy, go ahead and say Hi! My friend Chuck is a Chukar. Hence the name. I don't know if he is male or female, but I am going to say male. Unlike most birds, male and female Chukars look much the same.

Every morning when I go out to feed the chicks, Chuck is there, sitting on top of the chicken pen.



I talk to him while I walk around feeding the chicks and, like most good friends, he laughs at all my jokes and doesn't mind if I talk too much.



He gets a little nervous if I get too close, though, and if I make any sudden movements he will fly away. I don't mind, because I know it isn't personal. He is still my friend.

I don't think I will be going here anytime soon.

1 comment:

Irie said...

Dad told me a story (a few times, hehe) about chukar hunting which involves him climbing a steep hill, pursuing a chukar. Boy that hill is steep and it is really hot out. When he gets near the top of the hill and closes in for the kill, the chukar flies to the bottom of the hill and laughs: "Chuk! chuk! chuk! chuk!" Hence the name chukar.