Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tuesday Ten



Often it's the little things that can give us a pick-me-up or make our hearts glow. Have any special little traditions or games? Love what you see out the kitchen window each morning? Next week's list is "Ten Little Things That Brighten My Day."


Last week I thought "Oh, what a good idea!" Then all week I racked my brain for things that brighten my day. Baby kisses--except for the spit involved. Flowers--bor-ing. I couldn't think of anything else.

Saturday was my birthday. Surely the cake my children made for me should have brightened my day, shouldn't it have? Except I was extremely crabby because of a husband who had been even more extremely crabby all day. And the thoughtful children put off the cake making until almost dinnertime. And it was half raw. And they tried to frost it when it was still hot so the frosting all melted. And-----I STILL HAD TO MAKE DINNER.

Now I realize that I have a tendency to be a somewhat negative person, so this would have been a great exercise for me to see the bright side of things. But that would take a little more brain power than I am prepared to expend right now.

So now I am on day three of a stomach ache, and I still can't think of anything that brightens my day. So there.

No comments: