Monday, October 15, 2007

Projects

I have decided to take my mother's advice (something that should be done often and with little complaint)and create a circle (ring?) of 5 projects. The theory behind this is that it becomes much less overwhelming to focus on 5 unfinished projects instead of 35. Not that I have that many. Heh heh. Not only that, but there is no guilt involved. I pick my five projects, work on them as I can, breaking each project into smaller, easy to finish parts. I can work on any of the five at any time and when I finish one I can move another in. Or move one out when I have gone as far as I want to on it, to make room for another.

Projects 1, 2, and 3: Finish these quilts.





The first one is for my oldest daughter, the second is a just for fun quilt, and the third is for my youngest daughter. The tops are finished, all that remains is layering and basting it together with the backing and batting. This requires a large space (and preferably a noncarpeted floor to prevent stitching the quilt to the carpet--which I don't have)and no two year olds that love to run across the quilt and wrinkle it up. So I either have to do this at naptime or after everyone goes to bed at night. Could be why I haven't done it yet. Also the quilts need to be quilted and edge finished. Maybe I should rethink having 3 quilts tops in my circle of five.

Project 4: Finish this cross stitch project.



Project 5: Designing and making a running horse quilt for my middle daughter.

I don't know if it will work, but I have looked and looked for the perfect design and am coming up with nothing. I would like to do a paper pieced quilt of 6-8 inch blocks with running horses. So I guess I will make my own pattern. No problemo.

No comments: