Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So, if a person chooses five projects does it mean they have to work on them? I mean, that was the whole point of choosing, wasn't it?

Yesterday: Got up at six, did some strength exercises, ate breakfast, fed the animals, made breakfast for the kids. Took oldest son to school at 8, got home and did a few chores before starting school. Worked with various kids until 9:45 (mixed in with trying to do some computer work and dressing the 2 year old) when we left for the library. Back home at 11:20, supervised making lunch and consulted with oldest daughter about her Tuesday evening meal preparation (Turkey Rice Soup and Italian Breadsticks, none of which was even remotely made by me which makes it the BEST meal in the world). Helped with more schoolwork, ate lunch, visited with Dad and Megan while watching 10 year old son do his creative writing. Todays assignment was to create lists. One topic was "Things I Can't Do"--he came up with such things as drive a car, pinch my brother, and play with bombs. Smart boy.

Drove middle daughter to gymnastics at 2, went to the sporting goods store to buy a swim cap and goggles since I have looked high and low and my old ones are NOWHERE to be found. Dropped my bike off at the repair shop to be fixed (only $22, phew), picked up son at school, went home and spent 45 minutes playing with little ones, more dinner discussion, and looking up road bikes online since I was informed that my old bike is a piece of crap and probably won't hold up to the 20-30 miles a week of riding that I would like to put on it. Things that aren't worth the cost to fix may start breaking. Here's hoping it lasts another 6-8 months before it gives out on me.

Left to pick up gymnastics daughter (skipped soccer practices because of the rain) and FINALLY got to sit down and relax for a few hours. She is doing so great at practice and I haven't gotten much time to sit and watch in the past few weeks when my husband and older kids were out of town. Got home at 8, put little kids to bed, talked to husband, watched tv, read 1/2 a page, and went to sleep a little after 11pm.

No time for crafts, but SOON, I promise.

No comments: