Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This Week

Monday: Rest day
Tuesday: Swim 40 min, Bike 30 min
Wednesday: Run 35 min
Thursday: Bike 1 hour
Friday: Swim 40 min, Run 30 min
Saturday: Run 30 min (strides)
Sunday: Bike 1 hour +

After my disasterous swim at the triathlon I decided it was time to get serious about swimming. I have the Total Immersion book but after doing some looking I found that it was somewhat out of date and the TI guy has changed a lot of the drills and techniques so I purchased a dvd--Freestyle Made Easy, and a book--Triathlon Swimming Made Easy.




Yeah, I know, ha ha --"What ya gonna do, take a tv to the pool?" ha ha ha.
Ha.
No, I am going to watch the dvd at home and read the book at home, and then go to the pool and try to remember what to do. Then I am going to go home and rewatch and read to see if I did it and if not, fix it the next time. Wiseacre.

So anyway, I am doubling up on the swim days because the drills are very slow and easy and I would like a little more of a cardio workout--hence the extra bike or run.

Things went pretty well this morning. I was able to get balanced, which was the point of the first lesson. Hopefully, I will be swimming like a fish in no time at all.

No comments: