Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Week whatever, traveling roads, and other boring stuff

Gymnastics meets:

First of all, we did make it back from Idaho. Then we had another meet here, then we traveled to Sacramento, CA. I just felt stupid taking pictures of the road. I was riding with another mom from the gym and I just felt dumb. This weekend we have the state meet, and then possibly one more in Spokane at the end of the month. The last one is optional and more for fun than anything else. I am thinking of going just because it will give me an excuse to stop on the way and see a friend that I haven't seen in a long time.

Workouts:

Well. Here's the story. We had a huge meet here that is put on by our gym. It is a very long, exhausting weekend, especially for those of us that are in charge of one thing or another. So I didn't work out at all during the days of the meet, and then during the clean up I hurt my toe. I stubbed my poor toe very hard and it hurt so bad I cried. If it had been any toe but my big toe, I am sure it would have been broken. I am really not so sure something isn't injured in there as it is, because I keep re-hurting it.



Disregard the ugly polish and that unsightly bump on the side of my foot. The bump is something that I inherited from my mother, not from injuring my toe. Anyway, I can run, etc. but I keep hurting it again doing other things so working out has been pretty sporadic.

Which brings me to another thing. I am sorry, but 4:30 in the morning is just way too early in the morning to be getting up and going swimming, even for an early riser like me. So I am going to change my swimming time here soon. If I could get to bed at a decent hour it would be one thing, but that doesn't happen very often.

Triathlon:

I am signing up for my first triathlon today. It is 3 weeks or so away, so I am going to be working hard to get ready. I may be running a 5k at the beginning of May, and doing another triathlon at the end of May. Yay!

No comments: