Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday Ten: Spring!!

Ten Things I Love About Spring:

1. Green, growing things. Even skunk cabbage.




2. My Dad. I like my dad all year long, but the first day of Spring (today) is his birthday. So he is on my list.

3. Daffodils. The cheeriest flowers I know.






4. More eggs. My chickens laid 25 eggs yesterday. Up from 15 a day the last few weeks. Up from 9 a day all winter. Anyone need some eggs?



5. It gets light earlier in the morning. This drastically reduces my chances of being run over by a dump truck. A big plus, in my opinion. I try to walk for 30 minutes every morning but the winter time makes it hard when it is so dark out. In spring, not only is it lighter, but it isn't so cold. Two pluses.

6. Kids get to play outside. Wheeee! I love Spring! Even when Daddy is supposed to be watching littlest guy but instead is doing something else and I look out and see LG standing in the mudpuddle in his tennies. I don't care! It's Spring!





7. Rainy days. I live in Oregon, where it rains a lot. If it didn't rain, everything wouldn't be so pretty and green. Spring rain is the best kind. Unless you are standing outside at a soccer game.

8. Gardening. Uh, duh, can't wait to plant the garden. It is still in the planning stages right now. And pretty ugly.



This is what it looks like now, but not for long.

9. It stays light later in the evening. Kids can go out and play after dinner. I can go out and work in the yard. My husband could work on the garage after he gets home from work. Ya think?

10. Soccer weather. Trying to look on the bright side here. At least it isn't freezing cold winter weather when we are outside at soccer practices and games. If we HAVE to do soccer, at least the weather isn't usually too nasty. How was that? Did my absolute and total dislike of soccer show through at all? I am working on that. Can you tell soccer practices start TODAY? AGH.

Here is what Cathy and Megan love about Spring.

No comments: