Friday, March 16, 2007

We told the kids

We have a tendency to hold back telling about fun outings until the last minute. It makes things easier that way. I have been saving my extra money for the last year and a half for a trip to Disneyland, but never mentioned it to the kids. Why, for heaven's sake? What if the plans had to change? (They did) What if we decide to do something different? (We did) So now that the plans have been finalized we decided to go ahead and tell them. Two LONG months early.

In some ways this is a good thing--the anticipation, which is tortuous for them, is kind of fun for me. In other ways, bad. Questions, questions, questions. Daily. For 7 more weeks.

Will we stay in a hotel? Yes.

Are we driving there? Yes.

Are we going to just Disneyland? No, we are also going to California Adventures, Legoland, and Knott's Berry Farm. (Everyone nearly faints with joy at hearing of not only FOUR amusement parks, but the mere mention of LEGOLAND)

Do we get to play with legos? Sure.

Will we get to buy any legos? Yes. (More raptures)

You get the idea.

I happened to have the camera on hand at the time of the telling:













Obviously some are more enthused than others.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Shhh, don't tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need discount tickets, let me know. Just ask Cathy for my email address.