Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday Ten: Ten things I did today

Ten Things I Did Today

1. Went for a walk. I woke up before six, but lay in bed until 6:30. Then I got up and went for a walk--about 45 minutes, counting feeding the chickens. Which I do since I am still walking and hauling heavy buckets of water.

2. Supervised chores. Heh heh. School is out and I have LOTS of work for the kids to keep them busy.

3. Went to the library. Today was library day. It was also the summer reading program kick off day. Not a good day to go to the library. But the kids did get to see a juggler perform.

4. Ate lunch at the park. We had about an hour between the library and 11 year old daughter's gymnastics practice, so we went and ate lunch at the park.

5. Watered the yard and garden. It has been very hot and dry this week and I am trying to keep things green.

6. Went to watch my daughter at gymnastics practice. I loooove the summer schedule because we are home by 5:30 every evening. My daughter moved up to level 7 so it is fun to watch her working with the new coaches and doing new things. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. The practice, that is, not watching her. Ah well, she loves it.

7. Made dinner. UGH. I had to run to the store when I got home from the gym to pick up sour cream and chips for our burrito supper. Now that that is done, I have to come up with something for tomorrow night. I think I need to go shopping.

8. Broke up at least a dozen arguments. Sigh. It is hot. I am tired. Why do they have to keep arguing????

9. I decided that if I have to hear my 4 year old say "Moooom" in that whiny little voice ONE MORE TIME I will spontaneously combust. Pouf.

10. Went to the neighbors' house. Our neighbors' granddaughter is visiting so they invited the kids over to play in the wading pool and eat popsicles. Then we took her to see the baby chicks and turkeys. It was a nice way to end a hot day.

No comments: