Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wednesday Whine

I am going to feel free to whine today. Feel free to skip my whining.

Ten Things About Which I Would Like to Whine

1. I turned in my kids' 4-H fair entry forms late. It was all my fault. I knew the deadline was Monday, and I totally forgot. So I turned them in Tuesday morning.

Me: I hope I can still turn these in.

4H lady: Oh, yes. That's fine.

Me: Good.

4H lady: (In an annoyingly happy voice) I'll just mark them as late entries and they won't be eligible for any special awards or state fair! (She smiles)

Me: (whining a little) Even one day late?

4H lady: (even more annoyingly) Yes! (more smiles)

Now tell me, was this nice? I realize that I was late, but did she have to be so happy about it? I must have made her day by turning in those forms late.


2. Why(ne) does the sun have to set in the west? Or at least why did the people that built our house have to position it so it faces west. It would have worked just as well to face it north. That way only the end of the house would get the full afternoon sun instead of the front. It is so hot in here in the summertime. And while they were at it they could have set the house more than 20 feet away from the driveway that goes past our house, where dump trucks drive past at 6 in the morning. Right by my bedroom window. Which I guess doesn't matter too much, because...


3. Why(ne) do I have to keep waking up at 5:30 AM??? I don't want to get out of bed that early. I go to bed after 11 PM and I want to sleep until 6. Or even 6:30.


4. Five of my baby turkeys have died. I try really hard to be a good turkey mama. Really. I check on them umpteen times a day and make sure their water and food are clean. They keel over anyway.


5. Why(ne) am I the only one that will clean off the refrigerator door handle when I am not the one that makes it dirty? It appears that my children are blind when it comes to dirt and the fact that they have left dirty handprints all over the refrigerator door when opening it to get something. Oh, and NOBODY was the last one in the refrigerator. NOBODY.

6. Do we have to sleep with the window open when it is 40 degrees outside? I am cold.

7. I want my garage finished. And I want it done now.

8. I hate changing poopy diapers. Just thought I would mention that I hate this chore. I realize it is a necessary one, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

9. Why(ne) do I have to cook dinner? I NEED a cook. Slowly, but surely I am training my 14 year old daughter to cook, but she is still on simple stuff. Besides, I would still have to cook dinner most of the time anyway since she is just a kid. I think part of my dislike of cooking has a lot to do with a tight grocery budget and not a lot of time to spend cooking. We eat a lot of quick meals. Not to be confused with meals from a box, by the way.

10. Why(ne) am I having so much trouble getting my daughter's floor music worked out? Honestly, I am not an expert on this. So why is it that my daughter's coach keeps wanting me to do stuff that she should know can't be done? She is the expert, not me. She has been ordering music from this company for 25 years, not me. I wish she would just call the music guy and be done with it instead of making me go back and forth between them. We are supposed to have a session on Saturday to go over the music choices and she wants me to have a short version of the song my daughter wants. I CAN'T GET ONE. SHE SHOULD KNOW THAT.


Ahh, there. Now I feel better.


No comments: