Friday, February 23, 2007

Taking pictures at the ranch




Last weekend my husband and I went to the ranch to take pictures. Actually, he went to move hay and I tagged along so I could go out into the woods with my camera. I dawdled enough so by the time I was ready to go he was done unloading hay.




We rode the 4 wheelers because it is almost 3/4ths of a mile to where we were going. And it is muddy. And hilly. And we bought the 4 wheelers so we could ride them.

We went to the area that we want to build our house. We probably won't build it there because the location is a bit hard to get to, but it is so pretty down in that particular clearing. There is a seasonal creek running through and lots of oak trees and fir trees.






Having an assistant is nice.



He moved sticks out of the way.



He let me lean against him so I could take a picture of a tree.



But it worked better to lean against the tree.



Tip: Don't let the assistant hold the camera while you go through the creek on the 4 wheeler.



My assistant...er, husband, with his horse, GH. Gentle Heart. She is a Thoroughbred almost racehorse and she stands 16 1/2 hands tall. She has Seabiscuit and Seattle Slew in her bloodline. My husband is 6 feet tall so you can see GH is a big horse. It is a beautiful picture to see this horse run. That's her normal horse sized 2 year old daughter Lily--short for Easter Lily since she was born on Easter--in the background.

Preview:




Guess what I now have? A. Macro. Lens. Oh yeah.

1 comment:

KarenK said...

Great pictures! I'm so green with envy over the macro lens...