Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday Ten: Ten things I want to do

Life is so fragile--I think we don't realize it until a tragedy hits us or someone near to us. These kinds of events make me think of all the things I would like to have a chance to do in my life. Not necessarily huge world changing things, just things that I would like to do. Things that may seem frivilous on the surface, but does that really matter?

Ten Things I Would Like To Do Before I Die


1. Move to the ranch. My inlaws own some property near us and our plan is to build a house and move there someday. I would like my forever house now, please. When we move there then I can do most of the other things I want to do.

2. Have an orchard and berry patch. I am tempted to just plant some fruit trees here, but we will probably move before they start producing. So I don't do it. I am planning on planting some strawberry plants this spring, but I want raspberries and blueberries too. The plan is to grow enough to sell.

3. Go back to school. I would like to get my accounting degree. Actually, I am torn between accounting and computer something. Probably will go with accounting. Someday.

4. Visit a foreign country. Not Canada or Mexico. Other than that I don't really care where. Australia might be nice, or Italy, or Spain. Or Hawaii. Just kidding.

5. Clean my refrigerator and mop my floor. Well, I am busy. Maybe I should write "hire someone else to clean my refrigerator and mop my floor." That seems more likely to happen.

6. Take the kids on a vacation. We are actually going on a vacation this spring, but I keep thinking something will happen to prevent it. I am afraid to make the reservations and buy tickets because I don't want my money to be wasted. Erg.

7. Go on a vacation myself. Maybe somewhere with white sandy beaches and coconuts. Or a skiing vacation. An Alaskan cruise? This is different than #4, by the way. In #4 I would be a tourist in a foreign country, seeing the sights. Here I am talking about relaxing and recharging.

8. Become a better photographer. I am learning, and this spring or summer I would like to take a photography class.

9. Have a beautiful yard and garden. Right now my yard and garden are...not beautiful. Part of the reason is that it is winter, the other part is because I suck as a landscaper. Hopefully I will be able to change that.

10. Go for a hot air balloon ride. This sounds so scary to me, yet very intriguing.


In reading over my list I can see that I have a little trouble with thinking big. Also, most of them are focused on me. I am tempted to go back and change the list, but instead I will ponder a while. Perhaps I will be able to think of something that will affect not only me, but also help someone else.


Look! Megan decided to join in! And although Cathy wasn't feeling peevish last week, she is back this week with her 10 things to do.

No comments: