Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday Ten: Future occupations for my children



Look at them--so fresh, so innocent, so...talented. And so much bigger now than when that picture was taken.

Ten future occupations for my children



1. Video game designer.
My oldest has mentioned in the past that he thinks this would be his ideal job when he grows up. I was very supportive in my reply: "Yeah, you and 90% of the rest of the teenage boys in America."

2. Professional home organizer. I think this would be the perfect job for my 13 year old daughter. She loves to organize things. She could go into a person's home, organize it, and then leave--giving them the responsibility of keeping it organized. Something she doesn't do as well.






3. Acrobat.
My 11 year old daughter is a very flexible and bouncy person. If her chosen career as a horse trainer doesn't work out, she could always join the circus.



















4. Comic book artist.
My second son, age 10, loves to draw. He draws cars and other things, but mostly he draws robots. And super heroes. And things that blow up. Perfect comic book material.


5. Paleontologist. What is it with little kids and dinosaurs? My 8 year old son has been fascinated by them for years. For a long time, the only books he would check out at the library were dinosaur books. I can see a possible conflict with the creation vs. evolution issue, but I suppose he can work it out.


6. Cowboy. My 4th son, age 6, has informed me that he would like to be a cowboy. But he doesn't want to ride a horse. I guess they are too big and scary. Instead, he will ride a 4-wheeler.

7. The boss. My 3 year old daughter will be The Boss. I don't know of what, who, or any other details, just that she will most likely be in charge. There is no doubt in my mind.

8. Astronaut. My littlest guy needs to learn that the world does not revolve around him. Becoming an astronaut would be just the ticket. Not only that, but then there would be no need to potty train him. I could just get him some of those astronaut diapers.

9.Engineer.My oldest son's teacher is pushing him to go to college to become a mechanical engineer. My son isn't too interested in that, since he just wants to be a builder (if the video game thing doesn't work out).

Side note: We went to the school for an open house last Monday night. I talked to my son's teacher for about 5 minutes--in which time I learned that the teacher doesn't know how to do Algebra II so he can't really help my son learn math. Uh, this is what, FEBRUARY? And we are just finding this out? Five minutes and that is ALL I got out of it. I asked several questions and didn't get much of anywhere. When we got back in the car I told my son: "I will never doubt you again when you say your teacher is hard to get information from." He chuckled. You may remember me mentioning the teacher before when I talked about the rocket project. Now I have an even lower opinion of the teacher than I had before. We are looking into other options for next year.


10. Drama Queen. I actually have 2 or 3 children that would be right for this job. Not to be confused with drag queen, by the way. My three year old said to me this morning:

"You didn't come into the kitchen to see why I was crying!"

Heh, that must be why she cried so long and so loud. No, and this is why: 1. This happens every morning for one reason or another; 2. It was probably because her brother was staring at her; and 3. I was busy and she didn't seem hurt. So sue me for being against drama.

No comments: