Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Vacation: Days 3 & 4, Disneyland




Look at that deserted street behind us. There was no one else at Disneyland, just us.

I wish.

The scene behind us is really just a painting on a wall. The crowds weren't bad, though, and we got to do just about anything we wanted to as many times as we wanted to do it.

Including riding on the California Screamin' roller coaster 4 times in a row. The last time we sat in the very front car. This was my first ever real live roller coaster and the thing that got me the most was the fact that it takes off so fast. One second we were just sitting there and the next we were going 60+ miles per hour. The loop was fun too. Too bad I don't have any pictures. I guess I was too busy riding.

One ride I refused to go on was this one: The Maliboomer. It is similar to the Tower of Terror, which drops you from a dizzying height (and which I also refused to ride) except instead of dropping, it shoots you upward 200 feet in 2 seconds. No thanks.


The four bravest people in our family took a shot at it. They look nervous.




Tell me, does it look like they are having fun? I am not going to say what comes to mind when looking at the faces of the two on the left.





Too high for me. Or, so I thought. I was to be proven wrong later, when we went to Knott's. It sort of looks like they are smiling. BUT: No one wanted to go again, even though there was NO LINE AT ALL. Hmm, very telling, in my opinion.

Ah well, that was all over at California Adventures. We spent most of our second DL day over there. There were not as many rides for the littlest ones, but they didn't seem to mind riding the merry go round over and over while waiting for the wild and crazy roller coaster riders.

Here are my two little princes removing the sword from the stone:



My sweet princess in her crown:




Mickey let us borrow his car and go for a spin:



Mark Twain let the little ones steer his riverboat. That was so nice of him.




I made a great sacrifice and went on the spinning teacups ride, just so I could see this smile:




On the way out of the park, after a very satisfying day, we saw Cruella DeVille.



She noticed that we had a lot of kids and told me, "You really ought to do something about all those children, dah-ling."

Don't worry, I stepped on her toes, pushed her down, and stomped out her cigarette. I told her, "You really should do something about all that smoking, dah-ling."

Too bad we didn't get any pictures of that.

No comments: