Thursday, November 29, 2007

Project Progress

Finally.

Last weekend when I went to the coast I took my quilts and my cross stitch project with me. My mom has a nice wood floor in her dining room that is the perfect size for laying out quilts. We moved the dining room table and chairs and I sewed up the quilt backs and laid everything out: back, batting, quilt top. Then I basted the layers together.

Here is what they looked like before.

This is what they look like now:





Yep. They look the same. They do take up a bit more room, unfortunately.

I also worked quite a bit on the cross stitch:

Before:


Now:


There has been NO progress on the horse quilt project--I am completely stumped. Stymied. Kerflumuxed. Baffled. How does one go about drawing a picture of a horse suitable for paper piecing when one can't even draw a horse UNsuitable for paper piecing? And furthermore, I can't seem to find a good picture to copy. There is something wrong with every one I look at.

Even with all of the work going on I still had a fabulous, relaxing time with my mom. We got our toes done and walked on the beach and ate caramel corn and watched movies and talked and laughed and ate and watched the crashing waves.

1 comment:

Irie said...

Sounds like a lovely time! You got much better weather at the coast than I did this weekend. I love the quilts - especially the butterflies. So cute!