Thursday, April 19, 2007

Chickens

My chickens are penned up. This is necessary because if they aren't penned up they go into the barns and roost, leaving piles of chicken doo in inconvenient places. They go scratch in my garden spot (which won't be a problem until I actually plant something there) and they scratch through the compost pile, spreading it all over the place and making a terrible mess. They lay their eggs in, around, and under inaccessible objects. I would like to build a fence across the pasture and set them free in the green grass, really I would.

The chickens would like this too. I know this because they frequently escape from their pen. I have to tempt them with food and chase them around until they go back into the chicken coop. At least I did. Now I have someone to do it for me.






My husband took these pictures, by the way. That is not MY hairy leg in that picture.



We love our chickens around here.

No comments: