Sunday, April 22, 2007

Planning

I plan everything. No, really, EVERYTHING. I make lists, and more lists. I also write everything down. On a list.

The garden:




My poultry business:



Isn't that lovely? Now you know how I set the prices for my chickens and turkeys.

And our California trip:


There are some things you just can't plan for though. For instance, the fact that Legoland is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday in the off season. Okay, bad example since I should have checked before planning to visit there on a Wednesday and Thursday and making hotel plans to accomodate the fact that it is an hour drive from Disneyland. Oh well, we are going to adjust our days and do a little extra driving.

But what about this? My daughter's last gymnastics meet of the season was supposed to be on April 28. This is the biggest meet of the Spring season--Sectionals. All the gyms in the southern section of Oregon come together for a competition. So I planned that we would leave the day after the meet. Sunday. Meet on Saturday, leave on Sunday. Then we find out that the level 6 gymnasts are competing on Sunday. Sigh. Oh well, guess she misses her last meet.

Then my husband got a jury duty notice in the mail. He was to report to jury duty on May 4. We will be in California on May 4. Thankfully he got a deferral until June.

Bring. It. On.

Last night my 6 year old threw up. (Why do they always choose night time to puke?) In my family this usually means that almost every other child will do the exact same thing over the course of the next few weeks. WE DON'T HAVE A FEW WEEKS. We are leaving in ONE week.

I have a lot to do.

1 comment:

Irie said...

sending you no-puke vibes for your big trip! :)