Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tuesday Ten

Ten things various people said to me this week

1. "Is it my birthday today?" Said by my 3 year old daughter. My response: No.

2. "Is it my birthday today?"Said by my 3 year old daughter. My response: No.

3. "Is it my birthday today?" Said by my 4 year old daughter. My response: Yes.

4. "But why can't I be three anymore?" Again, said by my 4 year old daughter. In her whiniest voice. I. Cannot. Win. She can always find a way to be contrary.

5. "Ma'am" Said by a waiter at a restaurant. The absolute and utter nerve of that boy. Young man. Whatever. In any case, I am not old enough to be a "Ma'am."

6. "J. threw up in his bed." Said by my 10 year old son about his little brother. Ugh.

7. "But I was just..." Said by almost all of my children at one time or another. ...sitting here ...trying to help ...putting this in here ...being the most annoying person on the face of the earth. The last one is what I wish they would say because at least they would be being honest.

8. "So what have you been up to?" Said by a person I went to high school with and hadn't seen for a long time. My response? "Not much, just life." ??? I can't come up with ONE thing I have been doing in the last 20 years? Not one? I am such a dork.

9. Mom. Said by all my kids. A billion times. Mom, mommy, ma-ma, MO-OM! I don't mind, I am used to it. Don't tell anyone, but I kind of like it.

10. "I need some shampoo." Said by my 11 year old daughter. Did I ask why? Noooo. It seemed innocent enough. Turns out she was getting it for her dad who was washing the dog. With my shampoo. All of it.

No comments: