Monday, April 16, 2007

Eaves

Well, we are almost ready for our framing inspection. Too many months have gone by, but I am trying not to complain. The stairs are mostly finished, the eaves are done, and all that is left is part of the upstairs wall and the doorways.

I don't want to give the impression that nothing else has been done around here. Lots of mowing, barn cleaning, chicken fence fixing, and driveway maintenance has been done as well. And that is just the outside stuff.

The stairs were not an easy project and we had to call in reinforcements. My husband's grandpa is 94 years old and has built many houses. His eyesight is a little bad and he can't hear very well, but he is great at figuring out stair treads.



So we finally got the stairs all the way up.




Please note that I am using the term "we" loosely. My husband does most of the work. I find something else to do and go help when he needs it. He would rather I stay and watch him and gaze adoringly at his rippling muscles but that gets boring after a while. He gets a little crabby when I try to chat with him because then he forgets his measurements so it is best for both of us if I go and weed the flowerbeds or something.

Anyway, after the stairs were finished we moved on to the eaves. This got a little tricky because of the height of the roof. My husband moved one of his big trucks over in front of the garage to take care of the highest part. It also helps that we have a forklift. And a 16 year old son.








Can you read his mind? I can. "Put down the danged camera and hand me the nail gun!" I know my husband pretty well, I think.

No comments: