Thursday, September 07, 2006

One berry, two berry...


Pick me a blueberry... Well, we didn't pick blueberries, but last night we went to the ranch and picked blackberries. This is a yearly tradition with my older sister and me. Usually, we load up the whole family and go pick, but this year we got a bit of a late start and left the kids (most of them) home with the husbands and took the oldest girls to pick.

Today, the order of the day was to make blackberry jam and can green beans. I recruited some help to make the job go quickly so while I finished snapping the green beans(started last night), my 9 year old washed jars. With that done, I sent him to fold laundry with his brother and sister while I filled the green bean jars and started the canner. Then I washed blackberries and the 3 year old and 10 year old smooshed them.


We made the jam and 13 year old daughter and I filled the jars and put on the lids. We whizzed through the job and the canning and jam making was done by 11:00am.

No comments: