Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Work has been done here

Someone, who shall remain nameless, actually worked on the garage while I was not home. I left for a very relaxing weekend on the coast with my sisters and mother (and her husband--who cooked some yummy meals for us), thinking that the garage would look much the same when I got home. In fact, I specifically asked my husband if he had any plans to work on the garage while I was gone.

"No," he replied.

Maybe I was confused about the meaning of his answer, but I thought that meant he wasn't going to work on the garage.

Silly me. Here is what I came home to:




This was significant progress from the last time I had seen it so I was pretty surprised. When I left, one wall and part of another were up. Now, all of the walls for the main room, plus the walls for the mud room and the floor of the mud room are done. After a few minor touch up things we will be ready to start on the second floor. We ordered the roof trusses last Friday, so we may be getting those sooner than I had thought as well.

As for the confusion about whether my husband was going to work on the garage or not, well, he apparently thought I was leaving the baby home. A tempting thought, I must admit, but I really had no plans to leave the baby so I don't know where he got that.

On another note, for anyone who may be interested, I do make fart jokes with my children sometimes. My daughter was just so shocked at her aunt's lack of decorum she didn't know how to respond. Hmpf! And furthermore, I made fun of my oldest daughter just the other day when she mentioned that she was going to cut the cheese. AND, I danced in the kitchen with my 9 year old this morning. For the second time in the space of a week. It was fun.

No comments: