Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Did you know that pirates don't sleep? Yep, you heard it here first. This is according to my 5 year old--and when asked (by his 3 year old sister) he answered in that Doesn't Everyone Know That? tone of voice.

Also he was extremly pleased to learn that if today was his birthday (it's not), he would indeed receive presents. I was a little baffled when he asked and when answering I may have used the same previously mentioned tone of voice, but then one of the older kids reminded me of my most recent rant around the house about kids who leave stuff out and then get it taken away only to leave it there in my closet for months on end without a care in the world for doing a chore or two to get it back.

"Those kinds of kids don't deserve more toys," I had said. "They don't need new things to play with." Well, I was crabby and fed up with tripping over toys and stepping on army men--let me tell you, legos and hot wheels have nothing on army men when it comes to pain--and my closet is full enough of my own things without adding kid stuff to it.

So anyway I guess he was a little worried that IF today was his birthday he wouldn't get any presents. I felt a little bad because I was mostly talking to the 8, 9, and 11 year olds and he kind of got lumped into that group by accident.

Here I am again, racking up more therapy points.

No comments: