Thursday, January 25, 2007

What a pretty picture.



I mentioned before that I have been sorting through and organizing my photos on the computer. I came across this wonderful picture when going through the baby file. I had forgotten all about it or I am sure I would have deleted it long ago. I probably blocked it out of my memory.

What I want to know is what goes through your mind when you see this photo?

Well, besides the obvious--new baby, loving parents, and so on.

I will tell you what goes through mine.

Why, oh why, did my sister (whom I love dearly but who also gets to take the blame for this piece of gross negligence) choose to send this, of all pictures, to our dad so he could see a picture of his 13th grandchild? I think I would have said "hmm, I don't seem to have any photos of the new baby. Let me see if I can get one the next time I see him." Anything would be better than this.

Of course my dad decided that the little guy didn't take after his side of the family at all.

Rest assured, my baby did not look like that. The problem is that there was a flash bulb going off in his face at close range when he had only been in this world for a few minutes. I am sure anyone else would look even worse at that point.

Here is a better picture:



Funny thing, after seeing this picture, grandpa decided that he was a spittin' image. Imagine that.

By the way, Cathy is a wonderful photographer. I am sure she will be even better when her loving husband gets a clue and buys her a digital SLR camera. That should get rid of those pesky flash problems.




Yes, I'd say his looks have definitely improved.

No comments: