Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My New Camera: A Story in Pictures

...uh, pictures mostly taken by my Hitachi DVD Cam that also happens to have snapshot capabilities (such as they are).

To start off though, I need to explain that although I mentioned that I had ordered my camera online and was impatiently waiting for it to arrive, I ended up doing something else. I decided that instead of purchasing 2 extra lenses (that don't get all that great of reviews) and bunch of cheap extras that I didn't really have any choice about, I would buy the camera with the kit lens (18-70mm) at the local camera shop and then scope out some good deals on used lenses of the type that I want the most.














And he thinks I won't let him use the camera.



Well, I'm not if he's just going to fool around.









Hurry up!


It just sat there all morning. I was afraid to take that first picture. I don't know why.


First picture, just stuck it on auto and clicked away. Taken in my very light bathroom.



I took these on auto setting and I think the camera was picking up the bright light from the window right behind the kids so the picture itself turned out very yellow. This is with overhead light only, no flash!


Same picture, after I fooled with it in Photoshop.






With these three I changed the setting to ISO400 and set the white balance for indoor light. Still no flash and not lightened in Photoshop at all. I don't like the shadows on the second one and the white walls are icky. In the third picture she was being stubborn and wouldn't smile pretty so I snapped as soon as she opened her mouth. Serves her right.

Now it is time to go outside.

1 comment:

Irie said...

Congratulations on the new camera - the photos look great. Yay for natural light photography! :)

Have fun with it!