Monday, January 01, 2007

Tuesday Ten: Christmas decorations that need to be tossed into the trash bin

I love Christmas, really. But after 18 years of marriage, 16 of them involving children, there are a few Christmas decorations that must go. I took my tree down a few days after Christmas, and these were a few that I chose.

1. Garden implements. I mentioned these in my last Tuesday Ten (under #4, glass heart). They are cute! I love them! They do not look good hanging on a Christmas tree!


2. Egg carton ornament. No way. Not gonna do it, I don't care who made it (oldest daughter). It is still an egg carton, no matter if it is sprayed with silver spray paint or not. I refuse to hang this on my tree.







3. and 4. Bob and Larry. Yes, I do hang Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber on my tree. It's fer the kids, folks. I hang them low so maybe the baby will take off with them, but he seems more interested in the ones I don't want him to have.











5. Baby's First Christmas 1990. It's plastic. It's ugly. I have enough first Christmas ornaments for my firstborn child. Buh-bye.












6. Picture ornament. I like homemade ornaments fine (as long as they aren't made out of things that belong in the trash) but this picture is not very flattering. What is she about to say? Or did she just consume a lemon? Did someone just fart? Inquiring minds want to know.





7. Cow. "Have A Very Merry Country Christmas!" Bleah.















8, 9, and 10. Polar bears. I am sort of cheating, but I have run out of bad ornaments and these ones are particularly heinous. There are three polar bears, all posed in equally horridly cutesy positions. They are made out of molded plastic with that fuzzy stuff that rubs off and leaves bald spots. UG-LY.

No comments: