Sunday, January 07, 2007

Fashion

There is something about letting a three year old choose her own clothes each morning. For one, it allows her to express her individuality and develop her own sense of style. Even better, it gives me one less thing to do. Who cares if her clothes don't match if I don't have to be the one to get them out and put them on her? Besides, it makes her happy and less apt to fight with me when I do have to pick out clothes for her to wear.


Exhibit One:



Today our model has chosen pink crop pants (in December) and a maroon minnie mouse shirt.



She completes the outfit with a bright red scarf (wouldn't want to get cold) and a pink flowered sun hat.



Exhibit Two:




She looks so pleased with her red dress with yellow polkadots and cute tassled stocking cap. What you can't see is her green jeans on underneath the dress. Stylin'.



Exhibit Three:



Another day, but same Minnie Mouse shirt. This time she chose bright red pants to go with it.



Exhibit Four:



Another dress with jeans outfit. What is up with that? I have no idea where she got the idea.



Exhibit Five:



Ah yes, the leotard. Purple with white flowers and matching (ha) red pants. Good thing we don't have anywhere to go.



Exhibit Six:



Okay, finally a normal outfit. Pink shirt with jeans. Nothing wrong with that. But why, WHY is she wearing her coat? All day? Inside the house? It isn't cold.



Exhibit Seven:



Oh, woe is me. Why do people laugh and point? Why, mommy?

I couldn't even begin to imagine, dear

Do I look funny, mommy? Is that it? Oh, WOE is me!

Of course not, dear, maybe they are jealous of your beautiful turquoise flowered pants and your matching flowered shirt.





All I can say is at least she isn't insisting on wearing pink 24 hours a day anymore. I can only assume she will develop a sense of what colors go together at some point. I hope.

No comments: